UW Center for Urban Horticulture
Elisabeth C Miller Library
Paintings by Patty Haller
February 16 to March 30, 2016
Public Reception Thursday February 18, 5-7pm
Books, gardens, green architecture and art are some of my favorite things. So I am excited to experience them together in my new exhibit at the University of Washington.
The show serves as a fundraiser for the Miller Library and its programs. I am donating 100% of the proceeds of several of the paintings. When matched by the Miller Foundation Challenge Grant, those sales will create 200% donations. Let’s go for it.
The exhibit comprises approximately 30 paintings in various sizes, mostly botanically focused with a few landscapes.
• Nurse Log, chosen by the US Botanic Garden to represent Olympic NP in their current Flora of the National Parks show. Since they are displaying a high resolution digital image of the painting, my original oil painting stays here in Seattle! This painting depicts the Hoh River rainforest, with some artistic departures, of course
• Small paintings inspired by Kew Gardens in London and the Italian Water Garden at the Biltmore House in North Carolina
• Several custom framed oils
• Small modern pieces showing several painting techniques – sgraffito, glazing, copper leaf, abstract, en plein air
• Oil on copper plate custom framed in solid walnut
• Traditional depictions of Magnuson Park including a nocturne
Consider taking a walk on the trails behind the Center, where you can explore the wetlands near Husky Stadium. Turtles, birds… it’s really pleasant.